Townsville Local Services
Townsville ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Townsville site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Townsville Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Townsville When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Townsville Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Townsville Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Townsville ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Townsville and a Place to Meet
The townsville.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Townsville
Interesting Facts about the Town of Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- Townsville is the largest urban center in North Queensland and the second largest city in the state of Queensland.
- The city is named after Robert Towns, a merchant and philanthropist who played a major role in the development of the region in the 19th century.
- Townsville is often referred to as the "capital of North Queensland" due to its significant economic, cultural and political influence in the region.
- The city has a strong military presence, with several army and air force bases located in and around the area. The city's military history dates back to the early 1900s, and Townsville has played a strategic role in many major conflicts, including World War II.
- Townsville is located on the coast of the Coral Sea and has a tropical climate with an average of over 300 days of sunshine per year. The city is known for its abundance of natural attractions, including the Great Barrier Reef, Magnetic Island and Castle Hill, a prominent landmark in the city.
- The Strand is a popular beachfront and promenade in Townsville that stretches for 2.2 kilometers along the coast. It offers various facilities such as water parks, playgrounds, picnic areas, and a scenic walkway.
- Townsville is home to several significant cultural institutions like the Perc Tucker Regional Gallery and the Museum of Tropical Queensland which showcases exhibitions and artifacts on natural history, marine biology, and indigenous history of the region.
- The city hosts several annual events of regional and national significance such as the Townsville 400 Supercar event, the North Queensland Agricultural Field Days, and the Townsville Cultural Festival.
- Townsville is served by its international airport and is connected to major Australian cities by air, rail, and road transport systems.
- The population of Townsville grew from 80,000 in 2000 to over 180,000 in 2021, marking it as one of the fastest-growing urban centers in Australia.